Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south india. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
#Tomatorice #tomatobath #quicklunchboxrecipe Hi all, in this video I will show you tomato rice recipe. This is the quick lunch box recipe. this is famous in. Indian Rice Recipe Ingredients - Basmati Rice, Tomatoes, Tomato Puree, Green Chilli, Lime, Red Chilli, Salt, Oil Renowned chef.
Tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south India is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south India is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south india using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south India:
- Get 1 cup sona masoori rice
- Get 1-1/2 cup water
- Prepare As needed Salt, turmeric, red chilli powder
- Take 4-5 Curry leaves, 1 onion, oil
- Take 2 red ripe tomatoes chopped
- Take 1 inch ginger chopped
- Take 1/2 tbsp chana daal (split chickpea)
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp urad daal(split bengal gram)
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp mustard and cumin seeds each
Tomato rice recipe - South Indian style delicious, flavorful & spicy one pot tomato rice. Make it for a quick dinner & enjoy with raita or plain yogurt. Rice: Rinse rice well a few times to get rid of the starch. Spicy South-Indian style Tomato Rice is one-pot meal made with tomatoes and spices!
Steps to make Tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south India:
- Cook rice and keep it aside to cool down.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and cumin seeds. Allow it to splutter and then add chana dal abd urad dal.
- Saute for 10 secs and then add onions, ginger and curry leaves. Cook till onions are soft and transparent.
- Then add tomatoes and rest of the spices along with salt cook till mushy.
- Once the tomatoes have softened and all the spices are blended, switch off the flame.
- Now add the cooked rice(it should be cooled down completely to avoid being mashed)
- Mix the rice and the masala properly and serve hot.
Rice is such an integral part of Indian cuisine. It's literally eaten in every corner of the country. I have shared quite a bit of Indian rice recipe on the blog but of course there is so much more that I have not shared. Its " Tomato Rice / Tomato Pulav " - one of the best lunch box items. This dish remains to be one of my childhood favorites and now its my kids favorite too.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south india recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!